What We Do
We meet as a full governing board six times per academic year. Between us we represent parents, staff, the church, the local authority and the local community. We are all volunteers, committed to the overall aim of raising standards.
We work as part of the overall management structure of the school.
We have a responsibility for the accountability of the schools. Our function is to provide both support and challenge. Collectively we are responsible for the schools’ performance and are accountable to the local authority for compliance with legal obligations and sound financial management.
The Governing Board has 1 formal subcommittee which is the Finance & Operations Committee chaired by Rob Saunders, associate members have full voting rights within this subcommittee.
Under the Education Act of 2002, the law states: "The Governing Board shall conduct the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement at the school."
- Decide the strategy for improvement.
- Provide the Headteacher and staff with support, advice and guidance.
- Ensure the statutory obligations and duties are met.
- Approve budgets and ensure financial probity.
- Ensure the health and safety of pupils and staff.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance and effectiveness in each school against agreed targets and objectives.
- Ensure the maintenance of the vision and ethos of each school, within the overarching Christian values of our foundation.
- 2 Foundation Governors (1 Ex-Officio)
- 2 Parent Governors
- 1 Headteacher
- 1 Staff Governor
- 1 Local Authority Governor
- 5 Co-opted Governors
If you would like to contact the Chair of Governors please email: email@example.com